Friday, May 7, 2010

Updates Continued

I believe we left off at me arriving at St. Mary's in Madison yesterday at 5:00pm. I was then brought to the birthing suites in the OB department. Here they continued pumping me with fluids due to them not wanting me to eat or drink anything just in case I had to go into c-section that night. I also had monitors on my belly so that they could keep watch in the baby. The remaining of the night was pretty uneventful. I had already stopped bleeding by the time I reached to Madison. The monitors around my belly were showing contractions and the nurses kept asking me if I was feeling them but I really didn't besides the fact that my stomach would harden up, but there was no pain. They kept watching these to make sure they continued to be braxton hicks instead of real contractions. If they were real contractions it would have been off to do the c-section.

At 5:00am today the nurse came into my room and said since the night went so well I was finally able to eat!!! She offered me me my first drink of anything; apple juice had never tasted so good. She then "disconnected". The baby monitors came off and the fluids were disconnected from my IV. They have kept the IV in just in case the bleeding does start again and I am sent right away to have the c-section. At 6:00am they moved us to our room for the week. They placed us right next to the nurses station so that we are real close so that they are better able to assist us just in case. At 6:30am I placed my breakfast order and by 7:00am (19 hours after the last time I ate anything) I was eating a huge breakfast!!! It was an omelet with cheese, ham and green peppers, hash browns, fresh pineapple, toast, glazed cinnamon roll and crangrape juice; yup I ate it all!!!

Tom then at about 8:00am to go back home to get my shower things, things for me to do and to see Sawyer. I then took the morning to try to get some rest. (I had only slept for about 2-3 hours last night due to my brain thinking too much, not comfortable and everything that I was hooked up to.) At 9:45am the nurse (Kerri) came in to get me to have my ultrasound done. The doctor wanted to make sure the baby was still looking good. The ultrasound did look good. They measured the baby, the amniotic fluid and looked over the placenta. The baby did measure two weeks ahead of my due date and weighed in at 7lbs 11oz. I was then wheeled back to my room holding a profile view of my baby's face. It sure did feel good seeing our precious little one and knowing that even if he/she came early that it weighed good!!!

I then tried to sleep some more but I was having braxton hicks so I just rested. I ordered my lunch and ate (Fettuccine Alfredo, corn, bread stick, chocolate cake and milk). Tom was back in the room with me by 1:30pm and we have been hanging out ever since! The nurse comes in about every 1 1/2 to 2 hours (sometimes longer) just to see how we are doing. Sometimes they check my blood pressure, temperature and listen to the baby's heart rate and then sometimes they flush my IV. All the nurses have been so great.

Once Tom did get back and I finished my lunch I took a shower!!! Man did that feel good! Since I am only allowed to get up for my one shower a day and to go potty I was so tempted to take an hour long shower because it felt so good just to stand. I resisted though and just did what I had to do and got back in bed. I am now in my own pj's, feeling refreshed and with a full belly. Tom ate at Famous Dave's for dinner and I ordered a grilled veggie sandwich, pasta, baked potato chips, apple pie and a root beer.

I think I am now going to start winding down for what I hope is a good night of sleep. Thanks again everyone for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment