Monday, May 10, 2010

Saturday-Monday Update

On Saturday Sawyer, my mom, my dad, my sister and Ken all came to visit me! It was so great to see everyone. Then on Sunday (Mother's Day) Sawyer came to see me for the whole afternoon (6 hours)! He was so good which made me so proud considering that a hospital room is rather boring for a 22 month old. Then my old neighbor - Sharyl and Michelle - came to visit me as well. Today my friends came to visit me; Sarah with her son Calvin and Laci with her sons Connor and Emeric. Then my brother in-law (Tom's brother), sister in-law and nephew - Ben, Holli and Simon - came to visit me. Shortly after that Sawyer and Tom were here as well. I am so blessed to have the people in my life that I have - they are all so amazing!!! Tom has also been so amazing throughout all of this. He not only has been taking care of Sawyer for the last couple of days but has been taking care of me and staying at the hospital every chance he gets.

When my friend Sarah was here today we realized that I am in the same room she was when she had Calvin (who is 9 months older than Sawyer). We thought that was pretty cool. I thought it was funny though when she walked in and said "You do have the smallest room, this was my room as well". I am glad someone can now feel my pain in how small this room really is.

My day-to-day routine is getting pretty down pat. At 5:45am the nurse comes in to check my vitals (blood pressure, temperature and listen to the baby's heartbeat). Between 6:30-7:00am I order my breakfast and I am eating between 7:00 - 7:30am. After that the nurse is back in the room by 9:00am at which point I have my NST (non-stress test) done. That takes a total of 45 minutes (hooking up the monitors, monitoring the baby and then "disconnecting" me). I then have the nurse help me cover my IV before I get into the shower. Then I try to entertain myself by doing something. Then it's lunch with more self-entertaining - then supper with more self-entertaining then it's bedtime.

Today I was weighed and had blood taken so the vital taking process did take a bit longer this morning. I also was about to get my IV out today - HOORAY!!! The nurses here are great - they are very nice and accommodating.

No comments:

Post a Comment