Thursday, May 27, 2010

Round 2 in the Hospital

On Tuesday morning (the 25th) I had some spotting so I called the doctor but due to the color of the blood they were not to concerned. That afternoon (about 12:30pm) I started to have contractions which lasted all day and they ranged from being 7-15 minutes apart. I went to bed and was able to sleep a little bit, but not a whole lot.

On Wednesday when I woke up I had more spotting but now it was the color that they were concerned about. I called the doctor again and they wanted me to come in to get further monitoring. I arrived at the hospital at about 12:20pm. By 1:15pm they had decided to admit me and keep me over night. They put an IV in and started me on fluids due to not allowing me to eat just in case I started to bleed and needed an emergency c-section. By 5:00pm I received the okay to eat some food!!!

The whole afternoon and evening was pretty uneventful. I did continue to have contractions. In the afternoon there was a time frame when they were 5 minutes apart but they did slow down by evening.

This morning (Thursday the 27th) I woke up at 4:45am due to well I think all I need to say is "hospital bed". At 8:45 the nurse came in and said that I did need to be monitored for a bit again today and I said to just do it now. As she went to get the monitor I went for my potty break at which point I started to bleed. I called for Tom from the bathroom and he grabbed the first nurse he saw in the hallway. I was back in bed in no time with the monitor hooked up. The baby looks great and the bleeding slowed down/stopped.

As of right now all is good. I still have an ultrasound today and have to meet with the doctor yet so I am crossing my fingers to get some plans made or at least find out what the next step is.

1 comment: