Saturday, May 8, 2010

Counting my Blessings

Even though the situation is a huge bummer that we are in right now there is so much that we are thankful for. I decided I wanted to write them all down up to this point and share them with you.

1) The fact that we made it 34 1/2 weeks with complete placenta previa with no bleeding and no restrictions - that is really unheard of!

2) The decision that we made not to go on our St. Louis trip. Since the beginning of the year this was the weekend we were going to leave for St. Louis for our anniversary weekend and to take a little family vacation with Sawyer before his sibling is born. After our 28 week ultrasound with still having placenta previa we decided it was too risky to travel. If we would have continued with our trip; we would have been in St. Louis when I started to bleed.

3) The fact that I had a MOPS Steering Team meeting on Thursday is why I did not go to work in De Pere that day but rather went to work two days in a row (Tuesday and Wednesday).

4) Having a ST meeting at my house when it happened. I am so glad I was not alone with Sawyer when it happened. Instead Sawyer was peacefully napping at my mom's house and I was surrounded by 10 other mommy's that took care of me.

5) Thankful that my Dr was able to meet me at the hospital so quickly since she was not with clients but rather just doing paperwork.

6) Thankful that another Dr. that I trust was there until my regular Dr got there.

7) Thankful that the nurse in Portage who checked me in was my old neighbor.

8) Thankful that while I was on the stretcher in the ambulance on my way to Madison I was holding my cell phone and I would just smile every time it chimed at me - this meant that I received a text message. I knew it was people texting me letting me know they were praying for me.

9) Thankful that the bleeding did stop within 2 hours!!! The primary risk with placenta previa is that they can't stop the bleeding which - well bad things.

10) Thankful that the weather isn't the greatest right now - it doesn't make it as bad sitting inside.

11) Thankful that I no longer have to be "hooked" up to anything - much more comfortable.

12) Thankful that the baby is measuring two weeks ahead (according to the ultrasound done yesterday) and is estimated to weighing 7lbs 11oz right now. This helps me relax knowing that my baby will be born early and yet still be born at a normal weight.

13) Thankful for the flowers that were sent to me yesterday (from Sharyl and Mike) - they sure do brighten up this room on such gloomy days.

14) Thankful for all the facebook messages, phone calls, emails, etc. of everyone letting me know they are thinking of us and praying.

15) Thankful that Sawyer is in good hands and having such a great time with his grandparents - thank you MieMie/Gr-Ma and Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment