Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a day...



I am posting this picture because I think it's beautiful and if I really focus on the picture it kind of helps me relax.

Yesterday I think started the spiral effect but everything turned out okay with that situation. I don't really want to explain much about it, but I will say that I am truly grateful for God's continual protection on our baby.

Then today came. The morning went great! We had a great family breakfast, play time, little projects done around the house and then gave daddy love as we sent him off to work. Sawyer and I then ate lunch at my parents and then we were headed to Wal-Mart for a couple of items. When we got in the car I noticed I missed a phone call from Tom at work. I checked my messages and it simply said for me to call him back; I knew it was seriously by the tone of his voice.

I called him back as I was driving to the store but when I was put on hold while the went to get Tom for me his HR person came on the phone and explained the situation to me and said that he was on the phone with the clinic. It was his "heart thing" again. I turned the car around and off to Grande Cheese we went. (Thank you mom so much for helping us out today and coming with me to get Tom's car from work and then watching Sawyer during his nap time.)

Tom said that it was his worst episode yet. Two hours later we had no answer; once again. They took more lab work and did an EKG on him. The EKG showed everything normal and we are still waiting on the lab work. They are now scheduling him to see a "heart doctor" and setting him up for a two-week event recorder (this is where he his heart is hooked up to the monitor and when he is having an episode he pushes the button and it records what is happening).

We both left feeling very defeated because we never can seem to get to the doctor fast enough for one of his episodes to happen while we are there. Sometimes I feel like they don't believe us because everything that they check it comes back completely normal.

His doctor wouldn't give him a note saying that he could return to work because of his feeling like passing out. He did give him a note saying that he was at the doctor's. Tom called work and then he found out that he had already been docked a point and it ruined his perfect attendance record (which was around 5 years). This now means he does not get an extra 4 hours of vacation this month. They also already called in another worker to cover for Tom. So since he lost a point, ruined his perfect attendance and his company was fully staffed for the time being he decided to stay home for the rest of the evening.

As we were going to leave my parents (after picking Sawyer up) my car wouldn't start. So then Tom had to jump-start my battery. It was an unbelievable day. We made the most of it this evening though. We had dinner together, Tom mowed the grass, we took a walk, tucked Sawyer into bed and now we are going to watch a movie together.

Thank you Lord for your continual protection!

2 comments:

  1. Tami - I love to hear your positive voice at the end. "Give thanks through all things"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tams I had no idea this happened! I don't know how in the WORLD I didn't get this update in my 'feed' but know that I am PRAYING for you so hard my love. You and Tom are such wonderful friends and we love you so much, I'll share this with Dave so we can both be praying. Love you!

    ReplyDelete