Saturday, April 24, 2010

4 days with no daddy :(

On Thursday Tom left for his yearly trip to Talladega, AL for the NASCAR race. I was suppose to go to work that day but decided to stay home and see him off. (I asked Tom if he cared if I went to work the day he left and he said, "well I would like to see you on Thursday because I am not going to see you until Monday, but you can do whatever you want." That was enough for me to make me stay home.) I am so glad that I did stay home.

Tom didn't have to leave until 2:00pm for the airport (normally he leaves at 11:20am for work). We had a great time that morning just being together as a family. Not only did we have breakfast together (French Toast) but also lunch!!! After lunch I turned on the radio and one of the songs that I always dance with Sawyer came on (Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy); so Sawyer and I started dancing in the kitchen. When that song ended daddy came back into the kitchen after finishing up packing and saw that we were dancing. On the next song we all danced together - it was just such a sweet moment together.

We then decided to take some family photos together. (I was not overly excited even though it was my idea because of how horrible my eye has been looking and how rough Sawyer was looking with his skinned up nose, but Tom was pretty excited to finally be the good-looking one in the picture!) And here is what we came up with.




Then it was time for daddy to leave. When Tom told Sawyer he was leaving and said good-bye Sawyer took Tom by the hand/finger and walked him out the door. It was really precious.




Even though Sawyer and I miss daddy dearly we have been keeping ourselves busy. The first night we made ourselves some popcorn and curled up together and watched TV. Then the last two mornings we have been busy finding great deals at garage sales!



We LOVE you daddy and we can't wait to see you on Monday!
Love
Mommy, Sawyer and Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment