Wednesday, February 16, 2011

#2

It has been 35 days since we officially started potty training and up until today Sawyer has not gone #2 on the potty. I was talking to my dad on the phone and Sawyer informed me that he had to push (aka: poop). This has been a progress for the last couple of days of him telling me he has to push but whenever we would sit on the toilet nothing would happen. I continued talking to my dad thinking that the same thing would happen until I looked at him and his face was red and then there was the smell. I couldn't believe it! There was then a lot of celebrations that followed - I was so unbelievably proud of him. The first thing we did was go to the closet to get THE garbage truck that he could have when he poop on the potty. (There was actually so much excitement that I initially forgot to wipe his butt; we had to quickly go back into the bathroom before removing the garbage truck out of the box.)



Sawyer played with his garbage truck ALL afternoon. I have never seen him play with one toy for that length of time. At one point he even carried the garbage truck into his bed and then shut his bedroom door. After about ten minutes I went into his room just to see what was going on and he was sitting on his bed just playing. He looked at me and said, "playing with garbage truck, shut door" and I re-asked him "you want me to shut the door?" and he said "yeah". So I guess he just wanted some time alone with his new garbage truck! A little while later Mason woke up from his afternoon nap so both of us went into Sawyer's room to check on him. Sawyer then said, "Mason play with garbage truck too" as he put his hand on the bed next to him as a signal for Mason to sit with him. It was the cutest thing ever and definitely melted my heart!!!!



Later on this evening Sawyer informed me that he had to push again and sure enough he did it for a second time. What an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Tams I am so proud of that little man and of YOU! I've heard that it is very hard as a mom to potty train a boy ESPECIALLY at Sawyers age!!!!! You're such a wonderful momma and I hope someday when I have kiddos that you will give me some tips!

    ReplyDelete