Thursday, March 21, 2013

Learning to be NICE

Today was one of those days that Sawyer and Mason were really struggling to get along and I had enough. After they sat in time-out, again, I pulled out one of Tom's shirts. I started out by explaining to them how we need to be nice to people and treat others the way they would want to be treated and also went into how they are brothers forever and they need to work together as a team. I then put the shirt on them and said in order to get something done you need to work together; I then sent them downstairs to clean up their toys. Their first lesson was in the fact that Sawyer could not walk downstairs first because the shirt color would pull on Mason's neck and hurt him so we solved the problem together by both of them sitting on their butts, counting to three and then both moving together to the next step. The next challenge was picking up toys; once again Sawyer was going to fast for Mason so Sawyer had to learn to slow down and help Mason out. The entire shirt event lasted about 5 minutes but I think it got my point across because at the next fight they had I asked, "Do I need to get the shirt out?" and they both said, "No!" and they shaped up!





1 comment:

  1. I like this. I may have to try it with my 2 boys. Did they fight when they were in the shirt?

    ReplyDelete