Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sawyer's 1st Day of Kindergarten!

I am still in shock that my firstborn son is in Kindergarten and is gone for the entire day. Sawyer ended up having the same teacher for K as he did for summer school; we were really excited about this! We even saw his teacher at the Car Show in Portage and she informed us that she hand picked Sawyer; my heart melted. We have fallen in love with Mrs. Grasse. Sawyer first had an open house on August 29th where we were able to go to his classroom and find his desk and where he will be hanging his coat. His classroom is called the "Penguin Pals".



Sawyer's favorite food is chicken on the bone which is really weird considering how picky of an eater he is. So on Sunday I made him his favorite meal, chicken on the bone and corn on the cob, to celebrate him going to school.



Tuesday September 3rd was the official 1st Day of School! Sawyer was so excited and I was having anxiety! He requested to have waffles for breakfast and we even gave his teacher, Mrs. Grasse, a special gift for the 1st Day of School. Tom had off that day so we all planned to walk to school. We got a block away from home when Sawyer announced, "We forgot my shot." We did so we all turned around, gave him his shot and then we all drove Sawyer to school. I did get out and snap a couple of pictures of him and then off he walked into those front doors. I will admit that I did get chocked up and my eyes got teary eyed but I held it together because of the smile on his face!







No comments:

Post a Comment