Sunday, May 6, 2012

Happ 5th Anniversary!

Yesterday Tom and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary! I know that 5 years really does not sound that long of a time but as I was looking through pictures of our wedding day I realized how much our lives have changed in those short 5 years. I once heard a saying that sometimes God does not answer your prayer because He has something better planned for you - and that would be exactly true with Him giving me Tom to be my best friend! What I prayed for and had in mind for my mate to be like I never pictured Tom; Tom is by far BETTER!!! Then when I think back to all that life has brought our way these past 5 years; the joys and sorrows, Tom was right by my side. I have learned so much about life and myself through Tom's encouragment and support. Thank you God for placing Tom in my life! We celebrated our 5 years together by spending the night in Cedarburg, WI at The Washington House Inn. At Noon on Friday we dropped all three boys off at my mom's house and then drove to Cedarburg. We enjoyed a late lunch at the Anvil Bar & Grille; it was really good! We then checked into our room and then enjoyed some cheese and wine provided by our Inn in the lobby area. Afterwards we saw the movie The Vow; we both thought it was a great movie. Like normal Tom was still full from lunch and all the cheese but for me there is always room for dessert so I stopped at a little ice cream shop for a little treat. In the morning we enjoyed a yummy breakfast provided by our Inn. We then did some shopping at all the cute little shops the town had. We ate lunch at Tomaso's; Tom did not care too much for their pizza but that could be because they did not use Grande cheese. We then took the Cedar Creek Winery where we learned that it is owned by the same family of the Wollersheim Windery. We did stop though at a couple of coffee shops throughout our time there; Fiddleheads and The Java House. On our way back home we stopped at the last covered bridge in Wisconsin. Saturday night we picked up our boys and then Annie came over to put the boys to bed while we went and saw the movie The Avenger's!

No comments:

Post a Comment