Monday, May 16, 2011

New Front Yard

As you know last fall we took down the six trees in our front yard; that was step one of the new front yard look.

Step Two: Removing the tree stumps. We all loved watching them being removed for two reasons; one - knowing the trees were finally gone and two - it was very interesting how he grinded our stumps down. (April 24, 2011)


Step Three: We also noticed that a good portion of our grass was not growing in our front yard so we decided to rototill it all up and start over. Step Four: Bringing in new top soil. Sawyer LOVED playing in the huge pile of dirt that sat in our driveway. (April 29th, 2011)


Step Five: We not only topped the whole front yard off with top soil but also made it level. We had some low point in the yard and we wanted it all even.


Step Six: Planting our Trent tree. When my nephew went to be with Jesus the place I used to work for before having kids gave me money so that we could plant a tree in honor of him. We never had a spot to plant a tree until now! We planted a Magnolia tree; now every time I look outside I smile because I think of my nephew Trent and all the great memories that he brought to our family. We even have some money left over so I think there will be another Trent tree planted in our backyard; I can't wait!



Step Seven: Enjoying the beauty! This is what our yard is looking like now. The grass is growing and Trent's tree is blooming!!! (May 15th, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment