Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Birthing Story

Saturday morning (the 29th of May) we decided to head to the grocery store to buy some food now that I was officially home and no more spending time in the hospital. When we got to the store (Tom, Sawyer and I) I noticed that I had some "leakage". I headed to the bathroom right away thinking that I had started to bleed; there was no blood so we continued on. This was at about 10:00am.

Tom then headed out to go golfing and Sawyer and I hung out at my mom's. I decided that even though I was officially off of bed-rest to still take it easy for at least the weekend. Throughout the day though I had some small leakage here and there. When we all got back home together I talked to Tom and said that I was going to go to the hospital because I was beginning to think that my water had broken. With Sawyer they had to break my water so I didn't know what to expect and had heard that it can either be a gush or a trickle.

I arrived at the hospital at 8:00pm. They hooked me up to the monitor to see how the baby was doing and then ran the test to see if my water had broken. When the nurse came back (it is now 8:30pm) she said "so guess what", I said "it's not my water" and then she said "it's positive" and then I said "seriously, my water broke". She said that it did and all I could do was lean my head back and give a chuckle and then stated "I just got out of the hospital yesterday and they were going to induce me today". I just couldn't believe it.

Tom dropped Sawyer off at my mom's and came to the hospital. The nurse kept telling me how she couldn't believe how calm I was for about ready to have a baby. I just simply told her that all I could think about is how I didn't take a shower today because I wanted to be lazy on my first day being back home for good. She told me that I could take a shower before they started my IV with fluids!!!!

By 10:50pm they started me on fluid (to keep hydrated), antibiotic (since it had been over 12 hours since my water had broken) and pitocin (they needed to get the baby out due to the water breaking and I was only 1cm dilated). The night progressed as normal (still had back labor just like Sawyer) and I started to push at around 4:50am and Mason was born at 5:09am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment