Tuesday, January 27, 2009

6 months old

A couple of weeks ago Sawyer had his six month check-up. He is now weighing 20 lbs and 2 ounces (95%) and is 27" tall (75%)! His doctor was so impressed with how well he is doing. She couldn't believe how strong he was with sitting on his own, crawling, very attentive and able to move items (a tongue compressor) from one hand to the other. He even did well with his shots this time around. He obviously screamed, but as soon as we picked him up he was fine (normally it takes awhile for the screaming to stop).

I am also on this new kick where I am trying so hard to get him to sleep through the night. He is still the every 3-4 hour sleeper at night and he wakes up to eat. I have had people tell me to give him a pacifier, but this does not work - he wants to eat. Sunday night; however, I feed him at 9 pm and told Tom to wake me up once he wanted to eat again to go to bed (I was headed to bed because I was heading off to DePere the next morning). I woke up at 1:30 am and realized that both my boys were sleeping and I was never awoken which means Sawyer fell asleep without having to nurse! At 2:30 am he woke up so I thought for sure he would be "starving". I picked him up and put the pacifier in his mouth until I got to the glider to feed him and that is when it started! I sat down and he actually laid his head on my shoulder. So I just sat there and rocked him and I couldn't believe it when he actually fell back to sleep! I crawled back in bed at 2:45 am and could not fall back to sleep because I was so excited about what had just happened, I wanted to wake up Tom - but I didn't (Love you honey).

I then got up at 3:45 am to get ready for work and when I got out of the shower (4:00 am) Sawyer woke up again and this time he wanted to eat, which means he went 7 hours without eating!!!!! Since that night he has been doing so much better at sleeper and even taking naps without having to nurse. I must say that I am highly excited about this new trend and hope that it continues.

3 comments:

  1. Sawyer I'm enjoying watching you grow. I'd invite you over for a night at auntie Toni's however, I think your mom would take me up on it. Not that I don't want you, but the every 4 hrs thing... SERIOUSLY!

    Love ya,

    Aunt Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tami - Cool idea ;0)
    If you want some fun backgrounds to spice up the blog, visit thecutestblogontheblock.com - they even give instructions on how to use them.
    Tressa

    ReplyDelete